Hello my darlings
I thought you might like to see where I have my creative space. I used to have a whole room to myself in our cosy apartment, but then Mr Jamie-san came along and I had to bequeath it, such is life. So now I have a corner of our bedroom, well, a wall really, which we screen off at bedtime in an attempt to separate work (work! I love that I can call what was once just a hobby work!) and sleep.
So that’s my desk and bookshelves and wall of inspiration where I keep my card designs hung up, and all my postcards and pictures and bits and bobs. Mostly women, flowers, bright colours and French things. It’s nice to see themes in things you’re naturally drawn towards.
Some favourite creativity books, SARK, Julia Cameron and Keri Smith. So inspiring! Some people can let go of books and send them out into the world. I don’t think I’m one of those people, I love having them around too much.
Gel pens and markers for doodling and outlining and art journalling.
Glitter glues and embellishment type things.
Rubber stamps and inks. I try to get most of my supplies in England whenever I’m there as it’s a lot cheaper.
Some flowers cut out from magazines and catalogues that I use in my collages and card originals.
What’s your creative space like?
- Creative cards by Teresa Abajo (rachelgreig.typepad.com)
- The Creative Process: Confessions of an Accidental Artist (111collagedesign.blogspot.com)
- 100th Stamp set – ‘Stamper’ project ideas! (rachelgreig.typepad.com)
- Are you living creatively? (claudiamassot.wordpress.com)
- Interview with Alena Hennessy, author of Cultivating Your Creative Life (craftside.typepad.com)