Hello my butterbeans
One of my resolutions is to do a gratitude list every Monday. Starting today, Thursday, because I feel like it and it’s Thanksgiving. I go through phases of writing things I’m grateful for, usually just in my journal, but then I get out the habit for a few months, or just forget to do it. So in keeping with the recent spirit of auto-suggestion, I’m calling them Marvellous Mondays from now on. And as the wondrous Gala Darling rightly puts it, regularly writing lists of things you love
‘gets me to focus on the positive, & not just in some abstract way: it forces me to really sit down, assess my life, & shine a light on the best parts of it. Secondly, it serves as a kind of “happy diary.” ‘
So today I am grateful for:
- My Spanish classes with Edu, lovely teacher, great with Jamie, relaxed and interesting conversation, and cheap!
- Notesinspanish.com – good resource for Spanish learners. Interesting podcasts about topical issues, and free!!
- Lilies on our dining room table. So pretty and such a heady smell. One stem is all you need to make all the difference. And they last for ages! Another habit I want to try and adopt-buying fresh flowers once a week.
- Essential oils. Right now lavender and orange burning in the oil burner.
- Clementines and their smell, makes me think of Christmas right around the corner. Yikes!
- Getting excited about a friend’s Christmas wedding, even more excitingly in the same place where we got married. So thrilled to be going back to such a lovely venue (as well as seeing 2 friends get married, of course)
- Series 3 of the Killing. OMG what an obsession I have for Sarah Lund! There’s just something about that woman!
- My dear friend Zoe having a baby. We can be mothers together!
- Yoga and feeling strong in my body.
- Yummy winter pumpkin and squash soup cooked by the always-wonderful Joe.
Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!