Thank you so much Gina Drellack for nominating my blog! What a lovely compliment. Check out Gina’s blog, A Wisdom Within. A lot of inspiration for being the best selves we can be.
5 Random things about me:
1. I didn’t know for sure I definitely wanted to have children. Now I have a baby and it’s without a doubt the best thing to have ever happened to me. To experience this kind of love is phenomenal!
2. I’m a massive fan of Billy Joel! Pretty much know all the lyrics to all the songs. We had a capello singers singing ‘The Longest Time’ at our wedding. Beautiful!
3. I knew as soon as I got together with Joe that this was it, no more searching, subconsciously or otherwise.
4. I’ve always been able to put my legs behind my head. Bound to come in useful some day….
5. The majority of my clothes are second hand. I love the bargainous nature of this, and the fact that I don’t see many people on the street wearing the exact same coat or dress as me. One thing I really miss about living away from the UK is the lack of decent charity shops here. Yay for bargains and creativity!
1. Create three sentences using this format: “I used to…now I…”
I used to have pink hair, now it’s brown. Thinking of going blonde. I’ve always wanted to but was a wee bit nervous. 2013 is the year it’s going to happen!
I used to do what others expected of me to the detriment of my own will. Now I know to please myself first doesn’t mean being selfish or ‘difficult’.
I used to rarely say sorry. Now I’m learning my pride is something to overcome.
2. Who in your circle of family and friends are you most similar to, and why?
Oooh tough one… Maybe my friend Sophie for her bulldog/terrier determination. Once she’s got a hold of something she doesn’t let it go!
3. If you had a surprise day off from your regular life, what would you do today?
Go to the Arabic Baths on my own for a little relax ( I once did this in an onsen in Japan alone on my birthday. It wasn’t outdoors but there was a little hole in the ceiling which I positioned myself under to catch the rain that was falling. I stayed there about 2 and a half hours COMPLETELY relaxing and it was one of the best days ever!), attend a yoga class, get a massage, go for Thai food with friends for lunch, alone again read a book and write my journal on the beach, swim in the sea, later Joe and Jamie would join me and we’d play on the beach with Jamie. Then Joe and I would go for cocktails, the cinema, dinner, knowing Jamie was in safe hands being babysat at home. Pretty dreamy day…also didn’t include any time for creating-that would be in there somewhere, maybe after lunch when it’s too hot to be outside. I’m guessing my surprise day off takes place in summer!
4. Pick an archetype that has lately been speaking to you; introduce who it is and share their message.
Very interesting, I love Caroline Myss. I just took the test to see which one I am and I came out as Creative, Caregiver and Spititual in that order. Not sure of their message but this is something I’m definitely going to be researching! So insightful and useful!
5. What is your favorite routine maintenance task or chore? Your least favorite?
I love vacuuming! Maximum result for quite little input! So satisfying! Least favourite, doing the dishes. Yawn….
My 5 Questions:
1. What little happy things do you do to cheer yourself up when you’re not feeling so good or just brighten your day in general?
2. What are 5 worthwhile uses of your disposable income?
3. What is your most treasured possession?
4. What is your greatest fear?
5. How would you like to be remembered?
For those with blogs chosen for the award– copy and paste the award in your blog. Tell who nominated you with a link to my blog. Share five random things about yourself and then answer my questions. When that is all done, nominate five bloggers that you follow and send them the rules, creating five new questions for them to answer along with their random things. Have fun!
- From the Psyche: How Archetypal Roles Shape Both Us and Our Characters (theintrinsicwriter.wordpress.com)