Hello chickedy chickpea chickens!
What do you think of my little gift basket that was auctioned for charity by the Barcelona Women’s Network? I might start selling gift baskets in my shop, I think they look quite sweet.
So, all set with the resolutions?
Inspired by Leonie Dawson (that woman is a true goddess genius) I present to you my random list of things to do in 2015. I’ve been making these lists for about 3 years now, and when I’m not feeling too overwhelmed, they seem to work!
This year I’m going to post my list up on the pinboard above my desk so I can see it every day and remind myself of stuff I would like to do this year (is that weird? Do I really need reminding of things I myself want to do?)
Well actually yes I think so! It’s helpful to see something physically, especially if you are a visual person, and I believe the list will act as an aid to planning and organising my life and scheduling stuff on my calendar (a resolution in itself that I’m determined to carry out).
I’m the sort of person that panics about making sure I maximise the use of my free time, trying to ensure (manically) my time is used in the best possible way. Ah, how very relaxing! What a completely first world problem to have. Anyway, we’ll see how this goes….
Things to do in 2015
(in Leonie’s workbooks she suggests writing 100 things, but I’ve found that to be a touch too overwhelming)
1. Get a new computer.
2. Make yoga a regular practice. (Do you know doyogawithme? Amazing free online classes! Thanks Cath for the tipoff!)
3. Continue to shun normal high street shops when buying clothes. Second hand, charity shops, Etsy or small cool shops selling clothes handmade in Barcelona is the way to go for me. (Read To Die For. This book prompted my decision) Still need to solve where to get underwear from though! Any ideas?
4. Write my journal regularly, at least 3 times a week. Cheaper than therapy and probably just as effective.
5. Continue with therapy. Ha ha!
6. Drink hot water and lemon first thing in the morning. (That old chestnut has been on my list a few year’s running. Starts off well then always seems to peter out…
7. Create 12 collages.
8. Give Poppy and Jamie regular massages (just did a wee course and ’twas so simple and lovely!)
9. Take myself out of the equation and stop shouting when Jamie is playing up.
10. Start a proper bookkeeping system for This Rosy Life.
11. Start selling wholesale on Etsy.
12. Read Show you work.
13. Do Poppy’s baby book.
14. Practise Whimsical Lettering exercises.
15. Get on Instagram
16. Delve about in Pinterest a bit more.
17. Watch Mayi Carles videos on Youtube. I love her!
18. Use my lovely Parker pen and not balk at 5 euro ink refills every couple of weeks. It’s in keeping with the idea of using beautiful quality things as everyday objects instead of saving them for ‘best’ or keeping them hidden unused and unloved in a drawer.
19. See Sophie and have ninja productivity dates with her.
20. Do ‘blog hop’ blog post.
21. Buy myself some flowers. (Already done this one, hooray!)
I love how I’m posting this in February. I started writing it in January though, so it doesn’t count.
Big creative love,
PS. Check out my Etsy shop here.